Trigger SMS journeys when customers signup for your ambassador program or mention you on Instagram or TikTok
Step 1: Ask your Attentive CSM to create two signup units
1st Signup Unit: Integration Affiliate Endpoint
Ask your Attentive CSM to create a Signup Unit for Integration Affiliate Endpoint:
This is what you're going to use to sync insights from Gatsby back to Attentive. This allows you to pass subscribers from Gatsby into Attentive, even subscribers who opt in via forms other than your Attentive form.
2nd Signup Unit (optional): Form to collect Instagram and/or TikTok handles
Your Attentive Rep will be able to create custom fields for you for Instagram and TikTok.
Simply ask them to add those fields for you. The field names need to be exactly:
Note: An "Email" field is required to sync with Gatsby, along with at least one field for Social Handle, either TikTok and/or Instagram.
- Once your 1st signup unit for the "Integration Affiliate Endpoint" is created in Attentive, open up Gatsby.
In Gatsby, click on the Integrations tab >> scroll to Attentive >> click Connect:
The Signup Source ID is from the Integration Affiliate Endpoint unit.
(for example it was 299355 in our test account)
3. Once that ID is copied into Gatsby, click Integrate and you'll be launched into an oAuth window, click "Authorize":
4. And then you're done -- you'll be taken back to Gatsby with a success message.
Top use-cases with Gatsby + Attentive:
- New subscribers that come through your Attentive form will flow to Gatsby. Gatsby will sync their social insights and mention events back to Attentive.
- Gatsby will also update social insights for your existing Attentive subscribers once they give you their social handle.
- New profiles that come into your Gatsby account from any other form will sync to your Attentive account as well.
- Create segments based upon the customers' follower size
Caution: Only forms created in Attentive will contain the customer's phone number. But, their email address and social insights will still sync to Attentive, and create new email subscribers in Attentive. If you have email features enabled in Attentive, you can leverage this data for Email Journeys, or if you collect phone numbers later, they will be attached to these existing subscriber records.
That's it! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket with us and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible. Thanks!