This webhook integration enables you to capture Instagram handles with your Privy popup and automatically pass them into your Gatsby account for insights.
Requirements: Access to your Gatsby account and your Privy account
No developer required, and no need to add any Gatsby code to your website
How it works: You will be able to keep your current Privy popup styled as is, and you'll just be creating a new form field for Instagram handles and setting up a Webhook trigger to pass the data to your Gatsby account.
Step 1: Add a field in Privy for Instagram handle
- Log into Privy and open the pop-up you want to modify
- Click into the form fields and click the "Add Field" button to add a new field
- Choose "Text Field"
- Give the Label something like "Instagram Username" or "Your @Instagram"
- Enter Property Name as instagram
- You likely want to keep the field as optional, and not check the box for required
- Save changes
Step 2: Set up your Webhook in Gatsby
- Log into Gatsby and navigate to the header >> Integrations page
- Scroll down and click on Webhook
- Map the field ids that you created in Privy
Note: because of how Privy sends custom fields data you will want to map the instagram field in the format of custom_fields.propertyid for the instagram field.
So if you used "instagram" as the property ID in Privy, then enter the email and instagram properties exactly as shown below:
You can choose to send first name and last name over as well, but that is optional and okay to leave as-is.
4. Click the Launch Campaign button in the Gatsby header (if you have launched before, it will say "Update Campaign") Don't worry about pasting any script like the blue message says, you don't need to for this integration.
Step 3: Paste the webhook in Privy
- Press down on your webhook url in Gatsby to copy it into your mouse
- Navigate back to Privy >> Account Settings >> Integrations >> Webhook
- Choose Custom Webhook, Paste your webhook url from Gatsby, then save and test, as the screenshots show below.
Once you're live, you can test that this integration is working for real by adding an email address and Instagram handle into your popup and confirming that the submission appears in both your Privy and Gatsby dashboards. In Gatsby you will also see Instagram metrics like # of followers, bio, a G-Score and engagement rates after they mention your brand in media.
Many clients also use this integration in conjunction with our Klaviyo integration, for automated outreach and flows. To connect this data with Klaviyo for Automated Flows, please continue to this guide, starting on Step 2.
Note: If you are sending submissions to Klaviyo, Omnisend, or somewhere else, be sure that this popup is also integrated with those systems directly since Gatsby only receives submissions that include the Instagram handle.