This guide may look long but it goes quickly - we just break down every small step in detail.
In a few minutes, you will be capturing Instagram handles with your Klaviyo pop-up and automatically sending them to your Gatsby account for influencer insights.
Once connected, you will be able to create Klaviyo segments to automatically email your customers based on how many Instagram followers they have, and other social metrics.
This is the easiest way to convert your social customers into brand ambassadors automatically.
Step 1: Capture Instagram Handles With Your Klaviyo Popup
- Log into your Klaviyo account
- Navigate to the "Signup Form" that's published on your website
- Create a new text field for Instagram handle
- Name the "Profile Property" for that field as exactly: instausername
- Publish changes
Step 2: Connect With Your Gatsby Account For Instagram & Influencer Insights
- At the top of your Klaviyo page, click on your store name dropdown, navigate to Account >> Settings >> API Keys
- Click the blue button for "Create API Key"
- Write "Gatsby" for the label, and copy the Private API key into your mouse:
We're now going to paste your Klaviyo API key in your Gatsby account to finish the integration. The Gatsby insights you get on your customers will flow back into their appropriate customer profiles in your Klaviyo account.
- Open your Gatsby account by clicking the "Continue To Your Dashboard" button back in your Shopify Apps page for Gatsby
- Click the Integrations tab in your header
- Scroll down to Klaviyo and click "Connect"
- Paste your private Klaviyo API Key from your mouse and press "Integrate" (it may take a few seconds to respond, and you may need to click it twice or in the white space too -- a small bug we're fixing)
- A second field will then appear - select a default list from your account
- Press "Integrate" a second and final time
- Finally, press the "Launch Campaign" or "Update Campaign" button under the Install tab in your Gatsby account to make sure everything refreshes.
That's it 🎉
Note: If by chance your default Gatsby popup shows up on your site as well, it's easy to turn this off. Just navigate to the Display tab in your Gatsby account and make sure the Show Button options are not checked:
Always click the "Save & Continue" Button and Update / Launch Campaign button to published changes you make live.
(Optional) Step 3: Create a New Segment In Klaviyo Based On Influence
Now that you have completed Step 1 and Step 2 above, all the new Instagram handles you capture going forward will be enriched by Gatsby and synced to that subscriber's record in Klaviyo. This makes it easy to create dynamic segments based on influence.
Custom Property on their Subscriber records in Klaviyo:
Example of an influencer outreach segment:
Creating a segment in Klaviyo for customers between 1,000 and 10,000 followers:
This is perfect for automating your micro-influencer outreach. You will need at least one handle submitted into your Klaviyo form before you will be able to create a Klaviyo segment based on number of followers.
Let us know any questions!